Popular Permits

A Catering Permit is a one-day permit that authorizes an active on-premises retail licensee to provide alcoholic beverages for use at a specific event located off the premises.

How to Apply
Online Permits
Create an account

Create an NY.gov account to access your online permit application. Once your account is created, you can go to the NYS License Center to begin your application.

Find your permit

You must determine which permit you need to apply for. Make sure to read the Terms and Conditions to avoid applying for an incorrect permit type.


Once you've completed your application, you can pay your permit fees online using an accepted credit or debit card.

These Permit Applications Are Not Available Online
Other Permits
Some of our permit applications are not available online in the New York State License Center. These permit applications are PDF forms that can be found on our website.