The New York State Liquor Authority (SLA) today announced the results of an underage sting operation conducted on February 8, 2019 in Cheektowaga. SLA investigators and the New York State Police, working with underage agents, conducted an underage-drinking sting operation visiting 11 businesses. The undercover minors were able to purchase alcohol at 5 of the 11 businesses visited with a total of 6 sales to minors.
The businesses selling to minors were:
• Bellevue Hotel 544 Como Park Boulevard
• 7 Eleven 2970 Union Road
• Oasis 2437 Harlem Road
• Town Park Liquor 2551 Harlem Road
• Rafferty’s Irish Pub 2794 Harlem Road
The businesses refusing to sell to minors were:
• Express Mart/Speedway 2700 Union Road
• Rite Aid Pharmacy 2561 Union Road
• IV Stallions Lounge 2912 William Street
• Spare Time Bowling 2850 William Street
• J & M Convenient Food Shop 2365 William Street
• 7 Eleven 2761 Harlem Road
Licensees charged by the SLA with underage sales face civil penalties of up to $10,000 per violation, with fines starting from $2,500 to $3,000 for a first-time offense. Repeat offenders also face possible suspension or revocation of their licenses. In addition, employees or licensees who sell to minors can be arrested and charged with a misdemeanor. Undercover decoys work under the direct supervision of SLA Beverage Control Investigators.